We work with various delivery companies, in order to get your items from us to you! Depending on the item you order, we have already selected the most efficient or cost-effective courier company.
DOMESTIC (UK) DELIVERIES
Royal Mail is the UK’s most trusted letters and parcels delivery company, providing a 6-days-a-week, one-price-goes anywhere postal service across the UK
Small low-value items are sent within the UK using Royal Mail 48, a non-tracked service with delivery within 2-3 working days (from the date of dispatch confirmation).
Need your item quicker? Look to see whether you can upgrade your delivery to Royal Mail 24 (at an additional cost) and you can get your item usually next-day (after dispatch confirmation)
Larger or more expensive items are sent within the UK mainland using DPD. Provide us with a valid email address or mobile telephone number and you will receive ‘Predict’ updates as to the progress of your item, including a one-hour delivery window. Not going to be home? The tracking app allows you to choose your item to be left in a safeplace (at your own risk), or left at a local DPD Pickup shop, or you can even select a more convenient date if you prefer.
Liquids and longer items over 1m in length will be sent via Parcelforce Express48. For some areas of Scotland, where DPD would otherwise apply surcharges, items will be dispatched via Express24.
Amazon and Flubit do not allow sellers to set specific shipping rates for customers in remote or off-mainland UK locations (such as Scottish Islands/Highlands, Northern Ireland etc) which most UK courier delivery companies charge a surcharge to deliver to. As myHermes do not surcharge for these locations, we will try and send your item through their service where it is possible, and cost-effective, to do so.
Dropship / ‘Direct Fulfilment’ suppliers
In partnership with some of our suppliers, they offer direct deliveries to our UK customers, so they will use their own delivery methods, the above applies to orders dispatched from our own warehouse in Birmingham.
Worldwide – Small Packets up to 2kg
These items will be dispatched from the UK using Royal Mail International Tracked, Tracked & Signed, or Signed, depending on service availability in the destination country.
A tracking reference will be provided, however please note that full tracking information is only available for Tracked and Tracked & Signed services.
Once the parcel has been received in the destination country, you will be able to view tracking information from the website of the postal service in that country.
Due to the volume of parcels that we send, we enjoy very favourable rates, which we are happy to pass on to all our customers.
Standard Delivery (Standard Int’l Postage)
Where Standard Delivery is offered on eBay, parcels to Channel Islands, Italy, Norway and Switzerland will be shipped via Parcelforce EuroPriority. For all other European destinations, parcels will be sent via DPD Classic road service.
USA And Canada
Standard Delivery parcels will be shipped to the US and Canada via Fedex International Economy service.
Unfortunately, our delivery companies charge us different rates to ship to the Canary Islands as they are not part of the Spanish mainland, so if you are located there we will either have to ask you for additional payment, or have to cancel your order.
Expedited Delivery (Express Int’l Postage)
Where Expedited Delivery is offered on eBay, parcels will be shipped via DHL Express Worldwide or Fedex International Priority (depending on destination country).
For many international destinations, we no longer offer any Standard Delivery rates, as we enjoy very good prices from DHL, backed by a superb service.
Many parcels will be shipped via DHL Express Worldwide as standard, however if you have a preference for shipping via Fedex, please contact us for a quote, as we can offer this at an additional cost.
Remote areas: please note that DHL will apply ‘remote area surcharges’ to certain postcodes in certain destinations countries, and these will not be reflected in any shipping rates shown on eBay.
Click and Collect
eBay have partnered with Argos so if it is more convenient for you, you can have your item delivered to an Argos store of your choice, from where you can collect your ordered item at a time of your choosing.
Simply choose the Click and Collect option (when available), select your local Argos store, and we’ll process your order and have it delivered there. Once the Argos staff have processed your delivery, you’ll be notified by eBay (via email and/or text message) that your item is ready to collect, and will provide a collection reference, which you should take to the store. Find out more about Click and Collect by clicking here.
Following the acquisition of Home Retail Group by Sainsbury’s, eBay Click and Collect has expanded to include many Sainsbury’s and Homebase stores, not just those with Argos concessions in-store.
It is now also possible to collect your eBay items from a Doddle collection point using Click And Collect.
Points to note
- Where customers are paying via PayPal (using eBay), it is important to note that orders will only be shipped to the delivery address selected at eBay Checkout, this is in order to comply with PayPal protection requirements. If you have selected an incorrect address, please contact us immediately so we may cancel your order, then it will have to be re-ordered with the correct delivery address.
- Once an item has been despatched, the delivery address cannot be amended. So please do ensure that your delivery address is correct, as we cannot be held responsible for items being delayed or held by couriers.
- It is also the customer’s responsibility to ensure that someone will be available to receive the delivery. If a delivery attempt fails, the delivery company should leave a ‘calling card’, with instructions for you to re-arrange delivery or to collect from the depot, or to let you know if your item has been left elsewhere (with a neighbour, or in another suitable safe place).
- Items returned to us as ‘undelivered’ will be cancelled and refunded in full, and will not be resent unless the cost of re-shipping is met.
- For customers in non-EU countries, please note that the buyer is responsible for any additional import duties/taxes payable to local customs authorities. Please ensure a valid contact telephone number and email address is provided.