Virkon™ S is the breakthrough disinfectant formulation that defines on-farm biosecurity. With powerful, proven performance against over 500 strains of viruses, bacteria and fungi including Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD), Avian Influenza, Salmonella and Campylobacter, Virkon™ S is selected by governments worldwide for Emergency Disease Control.
Leading the way forward in best practice biosecurity programmes, Virkon™ S provides a wide range of applications to commercial livestock producers, veterinary hospitals and farmers.
The famous “pink powder formulation” offers the flexible, fast-acting, convenient, one-stop disinfection package for:
- Aerial disinfection
- Water delivery systems
Ten Reasons to use Virkon S
1. Virkon™ S is the breakthrough formulation that has redefined on farm biosecurity and leads the way forward in Emergency Disease Control measures.
2. Approved by Governments Worldwide to combat major diseases such as FMD, Swine Vesicular disease, Avian Influenza, Newcastle Disease, and more.
3. Outstanding Properties. The only branded disinfectant referred to in the prestigious AUSVETPLAN, as “Virkon™ S is a modern disinfectant with outstanding virucidal properties.”
4. The “Gold Standard” foot dip disinfectant. Virkon™ S kills pathogens ten times faster than the nearest competitor, even at low temperatures and in the presence of organic challenge.[Ref. 3,4]
5. Proven to kill on the farm as well as in the laboratory. Independently proven in field trials to be highly effective against the most serious threat to livestock – the viruses.
6. No need to rotate Virkon™ S. Independently proven to reduce the potential infectivity of resistant Salmonella super-strains.
7. Superior Safety. The superior operator safety profile ensures that Virkon™ S is convenient for users and can be misted in the presence of animals.
8. Environmental profile. Virkon™ S has been formulated to include ingredients that have been carefully selected for their ability to degrade naturally within the environment.
9. Easy to transport and store. Virkon™ S can be transported conveniently and rapidly by rail, sea, and air with no additional spend requirements for transport or storage.
10. Biosecurity in a single pack. A highly convenient multi-purpose biosecurity system all in one pack for surfaces, equipment, vehicles, aerial disinfection, and water delivery systems.
Selected by Governments Worldwide
Virkon™ S is a scientific breakthrough with performance characteristics that have defined biosecurity standards. Not surprisingly, Virkon™ S is selected by the United Nation’s Food and Agriculture Organization and governments worldwide to secure biosecurity and strengthen Emergency Disease Control (EDC) contingency planning.
The Australian and New Zealand governments employ a vigorous approach to Emergency Disease Control preparedness with the Australian Veterinary Emergency Plan or AUSVETPLAN. This plan is probably the most comprehensive and best regarded reference source and forms the basis for plans in other countries, including Canada, the U.S. and Mexico, in addition to the Office International des Epizooties (OIE) – the world organisation for animal health.
Virkon™ S continues to be the only branded disinfectant referred to in the 2008 AUSVETPLAN, which states that “Virkon™ S is a modern disinfectant with outstanding virucidal properties. It is reported to have low toxicity” and is “an excellent disinfectant against all virus families.”
Such an accolade is uncommon in government documents. The AUSVETPLAN selects Virkon™ S as a disinfectant for all 13 viral OIE List A diseases where disinfection is recognised to be important. This includes FMD, Classical Swine Fever, Avian Influenza and Newcastle Disease as well as List B diseases such as Aujeszky’s disease and TGE.
Virkon™ S is a disinfectant approved for use in England, Wales and Scotland by DEFRA (Department for Envirnment Food & Rural Affairs).
Virkon S is available from ARKS Global Ltd in various quantities:
- 1kg, 5.5kg and 10kg powder tubs
- 50g powder sachets (box of 50)
- 50g tablets (tub of 50)
You can also find Virkon S available to purchase from our Amazon store.